Hi, I'm Martins, a Software Engineer And I Solve Problems For a Living.
Happy to have you here, please take your time to look through my portfolio and feel free to contact me should you love what you see.
WHAT MAKES ME, ME
A Quick Memo
Recently, I started my transitioning to system programming, specifically embedded systems. I am working on becoming an embedded software engineer by 2022. I would love to work in the aviation, military and automotive industries.
I am currently expanding my knowledge on C language, alongside working with micro-controllers and learning about their communication protocols.
My dream is to build smart products that keeps us connected with our world.
In this regards, I have decided to document my progress as I journey from Full-stack development to Embedded engineering.
I am a software engineer whose standards are based on simplicity, creativity, and efficiency.
I have a very serious knack for business development, product sales, and marketing psychology.
I value physical interactions and love to build deeper and meaningful relationships with people.
During my spare time, I go paint-balling, listen to chill raps, play football, or take long walks around my neighbourhood.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Remote):
Africa Prudential Registrar (AfriPrud) – Lagos, Nigeria.
December 2020 to Present.
I was brought on board to work alongside an amazing team of diverse developers and provide my professional skillsets.
Here are some projects I’ve worked on within Africa-Prudential:
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (Tefconnect), User Facing Application.
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (Tefconnect), Admin Facing Application.
- GreenPole (Enterprise Registrar Management System for the Capital Market)
Tools Worked With:
- ReactJS as the web framework (functional component).
- SCSS as style pre-processor.
- Git for version control.
- Jira for progress tracking
- Agile Development
- Java SpringBoot
- Postgres Database
- Handled creating of bulk account using excel sheet that contained data which needed verification from multiple DB tables.
Major Features Worked On:
- Business Reporting for Alumni (User & Admin) (Tefconnect).
- Business Resources for Alumni (User & Admin) (Tefconnect).
- Recommendation Letter for Alumni (User & Admin) (Tefconnect).
- Learning Resources under Discover (User & Admin) (Tefconnect).
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Remote):
GreenFire (Crypto-Based Accounting Software) – New York, United States.
July 2020 to May 2021.
I served as a software engineer to the Greenery team, operating under a task-based contract
Here are some projects I’ve worked on within GreenFire:
- Greenery (Desktop Application): A crypto-based finance application for SMEs/Large businesses.
Major Features Worked On / Tools Worked With:
- The application is powered by Electron
- Vue.js serves as the web framework.
- SCSS and conventional CSS as the style pre-processor.
- Node.js powered the internal process operated by the Greenery application
- NodeMailer was used to send mail directly from the desktop application to the user’s/recipients email
- RapidAPI was used to access some APIs which in turn allowed the application to fetch prices of certain commodities.
- Git for version control
- Steganography, where I wrote data into files/zips, then printed said files/zip on an image
- Canvas API was used to draw QR images, user/transaction information.
- QR scanner that I passed cut pieces of a transaction image.
- Cryptographic libraries to encrypt data passed across the system.
BACK END DEVELOPER (Remote):
MonkeyMusicApp (Event/Music entertainment) – England, United Kingdom.
October 2020 to February 2021.
MonkeyMusic App is an entertainment software where people can attend events/parties and make music/shoutout requests to the event managers/DJ.
- Flask framework (python).
- Spotify APIs
- Firebase Realtime-DB
- REST API.
FRONT END DEVELOPER (Mobile & Web):
StockFare (Inventory management system) – Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
October 2019 to May 2020.
I was tasked to develop a mobile MVP before the 1st of November against an upcoming trade fair.
I later went on to complete the product to what it currently is.
I built the mobile app that ran on Android using React native, I worked with:
- RealmDB for storing and retrieving data from the device in real-time
- I implemented firebase for fetching updates and populating my database with the extracted data
- I also implemented firebase for rendering notification.
- I implemented barcode scanning, and payment integrations
- I also worked on converting our inventory feature to work offline so our customers can get a better user experience.
FRONT END DEVELOPER (Web):
Imaxinacion – Surulere, Lagos, NG
July 2019 to January 2020.
I came in to join the team in handling the front-end engineering part of their projects.
Some of the significant projects I worked on were:
ANSSID (Anambra state identification management system):
- I Integrated Interswitch payment gateway for settlement of bills.
- I worked on the self-service portal (which was later decommissioned due to change in project scope).
- I worked on the feature that provided ability for users to look-up their ID and fetch details they needed.
ANSCIMS (Anambra state central information management system):
- I optimised, fixed bugs and completed the inner parts of the admin-system using VueJS framework and Nuxt (which I cannot declare due to the fact that this is a government related project).
BACK-END DEVELOPER (Freelance):
AgroAlala (Agric-tech) – Apo, Abuja.
April 2019 to May 2019.
My mission was to build a staff management system that the administrative units can use to track their field works and get live updates as progress is made.
- I was tasked with the writing of the web APIs that would power this real-time tool. I worked extensively with Google location, Google places and socket connections.
- I built this tool to run with MongoDB as the database.
- I also integrated Firebase cloud messaging for handling in-app chat between the administrative units and the field workers.
- I hosted this system on a DigitalOcean droplet and configured it to work on an Nginx server.
BACK END DEVELOPER (Freelance):
EazyHire – Lagos, NG
July 2018 to January 2019.
- I developed the back-end system that powers the administrative interface, and user dashboard of the EazyHire application. I built this using Laravel.
- I also join the team that worked on the user interface for the administrative module of the system.
REMOTE INTERNSHIP (Backend developer):
Atlas Creative Consultancy – Victoria Island, Lagos.
May 2018 to September 2018.
- I developed the backend-system for Revity, a project management system using Node.js and Express.js.
- I developed some web APIs that analyses GeoJSON data for a product called MapAtlas, a territorial intelligence system using NodeJS.
- Built the interfacing system between MapAtlas APIs and our user. Our client system was built using VueJS.
Debugging Tips and Tricks | Notes From Embedded Class
DEVICE USED:STM32 F446RE
Oct 10, 2020 / Read More
How Computer Memory Works (C version) || Transitioning from Full-stack to System Programming
MEMORY RESEARCH FOR C LANGUAGE:
Oct 10, 2020 / Read More
Introduction || Transitioning from Full-stack to System Programming
Hello,I’m Martin Joseph, a full-stack developer who recently found out his passion is to be able to build products on the computer in the...
Jul 29, 2020 / Read More